Winter in New York City
Bask in the magic of New York City this winter with the many events that surround Midtown. Take a stroll through The Museum of Modern Art or Museum of Arts and Design, or end your day at Carnegie Hall with a live performance. It's always time to relax, indulge, shop, dine, play and make new memories when you head to the Big Apple, and staying at our Theater District hotel makes it even better.
Entertainment & Attractions
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - A New York staple, The Met Fifth Avenue takes on the holiday spirit in the Medieval Sculpture Hall with a 20-foot blue spruce tree and 18th-century Neapolitan nativity scene adding to the beauty of this landmark. Catch the daily tree lighting at 4:30 with encores at 5:30 and 6:30 on weekends. Learn more here.
- Top of The Rock - Head to Rockefeller Center and soar to the Top of the Rock to take in the twinkling city lights and festive city views below. At 850 feet above street level this view is not to be missed. Check it out here.
- Carnegie Hall - A few blocks North from the hotel, take in an enriching orchestra performance or a special Irish Christmas performance, among many other performances this holiday season. See the full calendar here.
- Love in Times Square – From surprise proposals to Times Square Weddings, the 11th Annual Love In Times Square Event is the perfect time to show the love! For Further Information.
- New York Fashion Week: February 7-15, 2019 – Considered a fashion capitol, New York has continued to influence the international fashion scene. Plus, it occurs twice a year! Visit Website
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 17, 2019 – Get caught up in the celebration and festivities this St. Patty’s Day. Visitors can view the annual parade along 5th Avenue between 44th Street and 79th Street from 11 am – 5 pm. Visit Website
Before You Go:Tip #1 – It’s officially a little more than sweater weather in NYC. While it may not snow right away from December – March, bring your winter jacket, plus all the accessories with you on your trip.
Tip #2 – Prepare a travel plan whether that be a taxi or catch the subway! Washington Jefferson Hotel is just around the corner from the 50th Street Station, where you can catch the A, C, or E line. You can also catch the 1 train at 50th and Broadway.